Barbecue Chicken with Chermoula Rub
10 mins prep.
20 mins cooking
- 1 size 1.6kg chicken, cut in half, flattened
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- ½ bunch continental parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon cumin powder, roasted
- ¾ teaspoon coriander powder, roasted
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ lemon, juice
- ¾ large red chilli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre heat the barbecue grill to its hottest temperature.
- To prepare the chermoula rub, mix all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Using the chermoula rub, massage the marinade over all of the chicken. Place the chicken on the pre heated barbecue with the skin side down and cook for approximately 10 minutes and then turn over and cook for a further 10 minutes until cooked. To check that the chicken is cooked, place a skewer into the leg of the chicken. The chicken is cooked if the skewer is warm to touch when removed from the chicken.
- To serve, place the chicken on a plate and serve with a wedge of lemon.