- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) chopped smoked almonds, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 1kg large clams (we used Cloudy Bay storm clams), cleaned
- Samphire, to serve (optional)
BBQ clams with almond and parsley butter
5 minutes prep.
5 minutes cooking
- To make the almond butter, place butter, garlic, parsley, almonds and lemon zest in a bowl. Stir to combine and season.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high. Meanwhile, place clams in a large bowl of salted water (this helps them open). Using a small palette knife, run flat edge along seal of clam to loosen. Twist knife to open shell, then place open clams on a tray.
- Place clams, meat-side down, on barbecue and cook for 30 seconds to char slightly. Turn shell over and top each clam with 2 tsp almond butter. Cook for 1-2 minutes until melted and bubbling.
- Transfer clams to a platter topped with samphire, if using.
- Drizzle over lemon juice and scatter with extra almonds. Serve with lemon wedges.