Blackberry frangipane tart
3 hours prep.
- 350grm blackberries
- 100g Blackberry jam
- Apricot jam, for glazing
- 250grm macadamias, coarsely chopped
- 250grm butter, at room temperature
- 250grm icing sugar, sieved
- 5 eggs
- 250grm almond meal
- 50 ml dark rum
- 50grm caster sugar
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 325grm plain flour
- 210grm salted butter, chilled, and diced
- To make the sweet pastry, combine the flour, butter, vinegar and sugar in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Turn the mixture out onto on to a lightly floured bench-top and knead until the dough comes together. Form dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Roll out the chilled pastry on a lightly floured bench-top until large enough to cover the base and sides of a 28cm perforated tart tin with a removable base, then line the tin with pastry, pressing into corners, then trim the sides and refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the frangipane, process the macadamias in a food processor until finely ground and set aside. Slowly beat the butter and icing sugar for 4-5 minutes or until pale and creamy, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. fold in the almond meal and macadamia meal, and then add the rum stir through and set aside.
- Once the tart shell is chilled, spread the blackberry jam on the base of the tart, Pour the frangipane mix into the tart, place the halved blackberries over the top of the tart. Place the tart in the middle of the oven and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove tart from oven and set aside. Warm the apricot jam in a small saucepan over low heat to melt slightly, then brush over the top of the tart to glaze. Serve warm with mascarpone.