burnt honey and passionfruit coconut tart
This tropical tart is hard to beat
15 minutes prep.
20 minutes cooking
- 300g shortbread biscuits
- 60g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 3 titanium-strength gelatine leaves
- 400ml coconut cream
- 360g runny honey
- 300g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Pulp of 6 passionfruit
- 1 cup (250ml) orange juice
- Grease the base and sides of a 25cm springform cake pan and line with baking paper.
- To make tart base, place biscuits in a food processor and whiz to fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse to combine. Press firmly into base of prepared pan to create an even base.
- To make the filling, soak gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, place coconut cream, half the honey and a pinch of salt flakes in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Squeeze excess water from the gelatine, then add to coconut mixture and stir until melted and combined. Transfer coconut mixture to a heatproof bowl and stand for 1 hour or until cooled to room temperature.
- Whisk yoghurt into coconut mixture until combined. Pour over base and chill for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, to make the burnt honey and passionfruit sauce, place remaining 180g honey in a saucepan over high heat and bring to boil.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until colour darkens. Add passionfruit pulp and orange juice, stir to combine and return to boil. Cook, swirling pan regularly, for 10 minutes or until reduced and sticky. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and stand for 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Remove tart from pan, transfer to a serving plate and pour over burnt honey and passionfruit sauce to serve.