Carrot, ginger, coriander and goat’s curd fritters
A vegetarian recipe that is packed with flavor and you'll have ready in minutes
- 3 (500g) large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 300g goat’s curd or other soft goat’s cheese
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Sliced avocado, lemon wedges and watercress to serve
- Place the carrot into a bowl with the crushed coriander seeds, spring onion, 150g goat’s curd, chopped coriander, eggs and our. Season with salt and pepper then mix together
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a frypan over medium heat then, using about 1⁄4 cup of mixture for each, form 3 fritters.
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes then turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side until golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and mixture to make 12 fritters.
- Serve fritters warm with the remaining goat’s curd, avocado, lemon wedges and watercress, and drizzle with extra oil.