- 450g dark chocolate (no more than 55% cocoa)
- 1L thickened cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Melt the chocolate in a very dry bowl set over boiling water – make sure you don’t let any water come into contact with the chocolate. Once melted, remove from the heat and set aside for about 3 minutes to cool slightly.
- In another bowl, whisk the thickened cream until soft peaks form.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the melted chocolate, then whisk in half of the cream until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold in the remaining cream, working quickly to retain the airy texture. Pour the mousse into eight individual bowls or cups and place in the fridge for about 3 hours or until set. You can make this a day in advance if you like.
- Just before serving, scatter the top of the mousse with chopped hazelnuts and serve with a bowl of freshly whipped cream.