15 minutes + cooling time prep.
55 min cooking
- 375g Granita (wheatmeal) biscuits
- 375g Ginger Nut biscuits
- 450g Butter, melted
- 4 Large or 6 small custard apples, peeled and seeded
- 100g Sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 750g Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 Eggs
- 200g sour cream
- 250g sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 25g icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 160'c
- Line a 22cm springfoam tin with baking paper
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until they are the consistency of fine crumbs, add the melted butter and mix until combined. Press the biscuit mixture into the tin while it is still warm, then place in the fridge until the biscuit base hardens.
- Puree the custard apple and pass through a sieve. Place in a food processor, then gradually add the sugar and lemon juice, pulsing to combine.
- Add the cream cheese a little at a time, followed by the eggs and sour cream, processing until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin over the biscuit base and bake for 50 minutes.
- To prepare the sour cream topping, mix together the sour cream, lemon juice and icing sugar until combined.
- Check the cheesecake to see if it is cooked by gentle shaking the tin (the cake should only wobble slightly in the centre)
- Remove the cheesecake from the over and smooth the sour cream over the top.
- Return to the oven and back for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate to cool completely before serving.