Grilled Asparagus, Fried Capers and Soft Poached Egg
5 minutes prep.
15 minutes cooking
- 3 Bunches Asparagus
- 100g Capers
- 4 Eggs
- 80 mls Olive Oil
- 200ml white vinegar
- ½ bunch sage, picked leaves
- ½ punnet viola flowers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place a pot onto a high heat and ¼ fill with vegetable oil bring to 160 degrees and add in the capers fry for 2-3 mins or until they are crispy take out and place onto paper towel to drain off any excess oil. Using the same oil place in the sage leaves and fry for 1-2 mins until crispy remove and place on paper towel with the sage.
- Using a knife trim the bottoms of the asparagus and discard, place the spears into a mixing bowl and coat in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper before grilling on a high heat for 3 – 4 mins constantly turning take off and arrange into a nest form on a serving plate.
- Using a medium size saucepan ¾ fill with water and place in the vinegar and bring up to a gentle simmer, once water starts to simmer using a spoon create a gentle whirlpool effect in the water, crack each egg in to the stirring water and set a timer for 3 ½ mins then using a slotted spoon take the egg out and place onto a paper towel to drain any excess water.
- Place the egg in the center of the asparagus nest and sprinkle over the fried capers and crispy sage leaves garnish with the viola flowers a drizzle of olive oil and salt.