GRILLED CALAMARI with Salsa verde
10 minutes prep.
2 minutes cooking
- 2 large squid (calamari) (about 250 g/ 9 oz each), cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 30 g (1 oz/2 cups) flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves (2 bunches)
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salted capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 cornichons
- 2 anchovies
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To make the salsa verde, combine the ingredients in a blender, season to taste and blitz for a minute or two until very smooth, then check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- To prepare the calamari, heat a chargrill pan or barbecue to a high heat. Score the inside of the calamari with a sharp knife in a crisscross pattern and cut into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl, season and toss with olive oil. Grill for a minute on each side until golden brown and just cooked through, then serve drizzled with the salsa verde with lemon wedges to squeeze over.