Grilled prawns with cocktail sauce and tomatoes
Here's my Aussie twist on a classic prawn cocktail!
10 minutes prep.
50 minutes cooking
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 24 green king prawns, heads removed, butterflied, deveined
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 100g mixed salad leaves (we used rocket and watercress)
- 2 avocados, quartered lengthways, peeled
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbs tomato sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 140°c.
- Grease a baking tray and line with baking paper. Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on prepared tray and bake for 45 minutes or until slightly dehydrated. Set aside to cool completely.
- For the cocktail sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Chill until needed.
- Preheat the oven grill to high.
- Lay prawns, flesh-side up, on 2 baking trays and drizzle with oil.
- In 2 batches, grill prawns for 4 minutes or until just cooked through and slightly charred.
- Scatter salad leaves over a large serving platter and top with roasted tomatoes, avocado and grilled prawns.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and paprika, and drizzle with extra oil.
- Serve immediately with cocktail sauce sprinkled with paprika.