5 minutes prep.
15 minutes cooking
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 120g Castor sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 160g Butter, diced
- 1 White sourdough loaf
- In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice, zest, sugar and eggs. Stir together with a wooden spoon then place on a low heat.
- Cook the mixture stirring continuously until it thickens and will coat the back of a spoon.
- Gradually stir in the diced butter a little at a time until it combines.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve then allow to cool.
- Place in a clean, sterilized jar then store in the fridge until required.
- To serve, spread the butter over hot slices of toasted sourdough bread.