Lemon chia seed cake
10 minutes prep.
45 minutes cooking
- 125g butter
- 220g Caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 2tbs Chia seeds
- 375g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180'c
- Grease and line a 20cm spring mounted cake tin with grease proof paper
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle, cream the butter and caster sugar together for 6 to 7 minutes, or until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated
- Zest and juice the lemon and add this to the mix.
- Mix the chia seeds with the flour, salt and baking powder; add half of this with the yoghurt to the mix. Then when once mix in incorporate the reaming half.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooked, leave to cool then remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar.