Recipe can be found in my cookbook "When I get home"
10 minutes cooking
- 500 g octopus tentacles
- 3 red chillies, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml white wine
- 50 ml chardonnay vinegar
- ½ bunch watercress, picked
- Rinse the octopus tentacles and then pat dry with some kitchen paper. Cut the tentacles into 2 inch pieces and place into a bowl with the chilli, garlic, parsley and olive oil.
- Season to taste, cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Once the octopus has been marinated, place in a heavy based saucepan and cook on a high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and chardonnay vinegar and cover with a lid and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes or until the octopus is tender. Drain off the liquid.
- Pre heat a char grill until it is hot. Toss the octopus in a little olive oil and then place on the grill for 2 minutes or until the octopus is lightly charred.
- Serve immediately on a bed of watercress.