Mushroom and pepper pecorino casarecce
10 minutes prep.
20 minutes cooking
- 400g casarecce or other short pasta
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 200g oyster mushrooms, halved
- 150g shimeji mushrooms, (or other Asian mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine
- 5g pepper 75 g pecorino, finely grated, plus extra shaved to serve, (or pecorino)
- 50g toasted pine nuts, chopped
- Micro red radish to serve (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add half the mushrooms, season and cook, tossing for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining oil and mushrooms. Return all mushrooms to the pan. Add the garlic and butter. Cook for 1 minute. Add wine and lemon juice and cook 2-3 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/3 cup water (80ml). Add pasta, pecorino and reserved water to the pan and toss to coat.
- Serve pasta topped with pine nuts, micro herbs and extra pecorino.