ocean trout, quinoa and zucchini salad with tahini yoghurt
You can't quite fit anymore superfoods into one meal. Beautiful zucchini flowers elevate this ocean trout and quinoa salad.
20 minutes prep.
20 minutes cooking
- 3/4 cup (150g) tri-coloured quinoa or regular white quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 8 zucchini flowers with baby zucchini attached, stamens removed
- 1/2 cup (140g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbs tahini
- 4 x 180g ocean trout fillets (skin on), pin-boned
- 1 1/2 tsp sumac
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 bunch each mint and flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 tbs Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (80ml) grapeseed oil
- Place quinoa in a saucepan with 1 1/4 cups (310ml) cold salted water.
- Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until liquid has been absorbed. Spread over a tray to cool, then fluff with a fork
- Separate the baby zucchini from their flowers and thinly slice, reserving flowers. Blanch sliced zucchini in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and refresh in iced water.
- For vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- To make the tahini yoghurt, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and tahini in a bowl, season and set aside.
- Sprinkle trout with sumac and season. Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook trout, skin-side down, for 3-4 minutes until skin is crisp.
- Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until almost cooked through but still a little rare in the centre. Set aside to rest for 3 minutes. Remove skin.
- Combine the quinoa, mint, parsley, zucchini and 2 tbs vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Season, then divide among plates with the tahini yoghurt, zucchini flowers, trout and remaining vinaigrette.