QUICK CHICKEN PARMIGIANA
5 minutes prep.
10 minutes cooking
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs finely chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tbs chopped oregano leaves,
- plus extra leaves to serve
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 x 180g chicken breasts
- Sunflower oil, to shallow fry
- 80g provolone cheese
- 500g vine cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Combine the panko, thyme, oregano
- Combine the panko, thyme, oregano and 1 tsp salt in a bowl then place the flour and egg in separate bowls.
- Flatten the chicken breasts slightly with a rolling pin, then individually coat in the flour, then the egg and then the panko mix.
- Preheat oven grill to high.
- Heat 1½cm oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes a side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Top with torn pieces of cheese then add tomatoes to the tray, drizzle with a little oil and season.
- Place under the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and bubbling and tomatoes are starting to collapse.
- Serve scattered with extra oregano.