Quinoa, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes and Feta Salad
- 250g quinoa
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 pinches of table salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Chardonnay vinegar
- 1 long cucumber
- 1 punnet (250 g) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ bunch mint, leaves torn
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 150g marinated feta
- Add enough water to a heavy based saucepan to come three quarters of the way up the side, season with salt and bring to the boil over high heat. Add the quinoa and cook for 15 minutes, until it opens up, then drain well. Spread the quinoa over a tray and mix through 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Cover with plastic film and cool in the fridge.
- Place the onion in a glass or ceramic bowl with the salt and half the vinegar and leave for 15 minutes to macerate.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, then use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and discard. Slice the cucumber and place in a bowl with the tomato. Drain the onion and add to the salad with the quinoa and mint.
- Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, garlic and remaining vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl. Toss the dressing through the salad and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in a serving bowl, crumble over the feta and serve.