Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble
10 minutes prep.
- 1 bch rhubarb
- 2 pun strawberries (topped)
- 200 g castor sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 200 g unsalted butter (softened)
- 100 g castor sugar
- 250 g plain flour
- 60 g rolled oats
- Pre heat the oven to 180c. Peel the rhubarb and keep the peeling to one side. Cut the rhubarb into 1 inch pieces and place in a pot with the strawberries, 150g castor sugar and the lemon zest, place on the stove over a medium heat and cook for 10 minute or until the rhubarb just starts to soften and collapses. Then place in a baking / serving dish.
- For the crumble, in a bowl place the butter, 100g castor sugar, flour and oats and mix together to for a rustic, chunky crumble then place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the rhubarb mix. Reduce the oven temperature to 160 c.
- In a pot place 50 g of castor sugar and 3 tbsp of water and bring the boil then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Run the rhubarb peeling through the sugar syrup then place down flat on a tray lined with kitchen paper / glad bake, repeat this process till all are done then place into the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes then remove and allow to cool.
- To serve place the rhubarb back in the oven for 5 minutes the remove and garnish with the chards of crispy rhubarb, serve with some cream or custard.