Roasted fillet of beef wrapped in bacon with horseradish and sage
As seen in Issue 188 - Delicious Magazine Christmas 2018
20 minutes prep.
10 minutes cooking
- 900g Centre cut beef fillet
- 2 cloves
- 1tbs Dijon mustard
- 8 leave sage
- 20 pancetta slices
- 100g Fresh horseradish
- 30g Crème fraiche
- 30g Cream
- 1tsp honey
- ½ tsp seeded mustard
- 1tbs chives
- Pre heat the oven to 180'c.
- Season the beef fillet with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the garlic and sage and mix with the mustard. Brush the mustard all over the beef and set aside.
- Lay out the bacon on the work bench, very slightly over lapping the rashers. Place the beef on top of the bacon and wrap in the bacon. The mustard will help the bacon stick to the beef.
- Heat a fry pan that will hold the beef fillet, add a little olive oil and gently place the beef in the pan. Brown the bacon in the pan, carefully turning the beef over in the pan. Place in the oven and cook for 8 to 10 minutes for a nice medium rare, longer if you like your beef more cooked. Turn the beef once during cooking.
- Once cooked to your preference remove the beef from the oven and place the beef fillet on a wire rack set over a tray to rest for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the beef is resting make the horse radish sauce.
- In a small bowl mix the freshly grated horse radish, crème fraiche, cream, honey, mustard, and chive with a good pinch of salt together.
- To serve slice the rested beef, season with a crack of pepper and spoon on the horse radish sauce.