Rockmelon, prosciutto, pea and parmesan salad
10 mintues prep.
3 minutes cooking
- ½ Rockmelon
- 100g Garden peas, Podded
- 40g Parmesan, shaved
- ½ bunch mint, picked leaves
- ½ bunch chives, cut in batons
- 120g sliced prosciutto
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- Using a sharp knife, peel the skin away from the rockmelon and using a spoon scrape out the seeds. Cut the rockmelon in half lengthwise and using a sharp knife, thinly slice the rockmelon into strips.
- Cook the podded peas in salted boiling water for 2-3 mins or until the peas become tender.
- Take the peas out of the boiling water and place them into iced water to cool down.
- Arrange half of the rockmelon slices onto a serving plate and scatter over half the peas, parmesan, mint and chives.
- Tear half of the prosciutto over the rockmelon and repeat this process again.
- Once all of the ingredients are on the plate season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- To finish drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.