SOFT POLENTA WITH MASCARPONE & PARMESAN
5 minutes prep.
50 minutes cooking
Serves 4-6 as a side
- 350ml chicken stock
- 300ml water
- 100g coarse polenta (not instant polenta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 40g butter, diced
- 120g mascarpone
- 40g finely grated parmesan
- Bring the stock and water to the boil in a wide saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Next reduce heat to a medium and gradually rain in the polenta, whisking continuously as you go.
- Add a good couple of pinches of salt and season to taste with freshly ground pepper and reduce the heat to as low as it can go and simmer, whisking occasionally so the polenta doesn’t get lumpy.
- Continue this for 30 to 35 minutes until the polenta becomes thick and smooth and it no longer feels grainy on your tongue.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until it melts and combines.
- Whisk in the mascarpone and parmesan to taste – add as much or as little of these as you like to suit your taste. Check your seasoning when finished and serve hot.