Steak Sandwich, black garlic aioli, avocado and beetroot
20 minutes prep.
10 minutes cooking
Black Garlic Aioli
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tbs White wine vinegar
- 8g or 2 cloves black garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100ml Grapeseed oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 40ml Olive oil
- 500g Beef strip-loin
- 1 medium Beetroot
- 40ml Cabernet Sauvignon vinegar
- 1 tbs Caster sugar
- 1 tsp table salt
- 8 slices soy linseed sourdough (or plain sourdough sliced)
- 1 Ripe Hass avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 6 sliced aged cheddar cheese
- To make the black garlic aioli in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, vinegar, garlic and mustard until smooth and no lumps appear. Slowly start to add in the grapeseed oil whisking consistently until all the oil is emulsified, finish by seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pre heat the grill and pre heat the oven to 180˚.
- Take 20ml of the olive oil and coat the striploin all over, season with a generous amount of salt and pepper and place on the pre heated grill and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until chard. Turn the meat mover to the other side and continue cooking for a further 3-4 minutes. Sear all the edges for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the strip-loin onto a baking tray and place into the pre-heated oven for 3 -4 min or until it is medium rare (or desired temperature) take the strip-loin out and leave to rest.
- Peel the skin from the beetroot and using a mandolin very thinly slice the beetroot and place into a mixing bowl, add in the vinegar, sugar, table salt, and 10ml of olive oil.
- Toss through the beetroot until well coated, leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the slices of bread and place each slice onto the grill to toast.
- To assemble, place the avocado slices onto the bases of 4 slices of the toasted bread. Place the tomato slices on top and cut the aged cheddar slices into half to form triangles and place on top of the tomatoes. Drain off the excess liquid of the beetroots and place 4-5 slices on top of the cheese.
- Using a sharp knife thinly slice the strip-loin and arrange on top of the beetroot slices and season with sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- With the 4 left over slices of sourdough spread on the black garlic aioli and place onto top.