Stir fried pork mince with zucchini, mint and steamed rice
6 minutes prep.
12 minutes cooking
- 360 g Long grain rice
- 720 ml Water
- 400g Pork Mince
- 200g Green zucchini
- 40 ml Vegetable oil
- 10g Minced garlic
- 1 Red chili
- 1 onion
- 40 ml Malt vinegar
- 20 ml Soy sauce
- 10g Caster sugar
- 1/3 bunch mint
- Wash the rice in cold water until all of the starch has washed away. Drain and place in a saucepan and cover with the 720ml of water.
- Bring to the boil and then cover with a tight fitting lid, turn the heat down to its lowest setting and cook for 12 minutes. Remove the lid and allow steaming for 3 to 4 minutes, fluffing up the rice with a fork.
- Prepare the vegetables. Peel and slice the onion, finely slice the chili leaving the seed in. Cut the zucchini in half-length ways and then slice into half-moons about 1 cm thick. Pick the mint and roughly chop.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan or wok over a high heat, add the sliced onion, garlic and chili and fry together for 1 minute. Add the pork mince in small clump; allow the mice to brown before turning over.
- Cook for a couple of minute then add the sliced zucchini and toss together. Add the vinegar, soy and sugar to the pan and mix; finally add the mint to the pan.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls and spoon over the pork and serve.