A quick, meat-free midweek treat that's on the table in under half an hour.
10 minutes prep.
20 minutes cooking
- 3 slices sourdough
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch oregano, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 50g pine nuts, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs white wine
- 50g parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- Green salad to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Tear bread into rough crumbs. Place in a bowl with olive oil and toss to coat. Add oregano, thyme, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, lemon zest, wine and parmesan. Toss to combine.
- Place the mushrooms on a lined baking tray, stalk side up. Divide the stuffing between the mushrooms and press down to compress slightly.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the stuffing is slightly golden and the mushrooms are tender.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, top with extra parmesan and parsley leaves, and serve with a green salad.