Watermelon and pomegranate salad with whipped feta
20 Minutes cooking
- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 40 g (1½ oz/¼ cup) toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- 1 small French shallot, thinly sliced
- 35 g (1¼ oz/1 cup) wild rocket (arugula)
- 1 large handful mint leaves
- 2½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- ½ small garlic clove, finely chopped
- Sumac, for dusting
- 150 g (5½ oz) feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ small garlic clove
- To make the whipped feta, blend the ingredients in a blender or small food processor until smooth, season to taste and spread over a serving platter.
- Arrange the watermelon over the whipped feta and scatter with the almonds, pomegranate and shallot, then with the rocket and mint leaves.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, juice and garlic in a bowl to combine, season to taste and drizzle over the salad. Scatter with sumac and serve.