ZUCCHINI AND FETA FRITTERS WITH YOGHURT DIPPING SAUCE
10 minutes prep.
10 minutes cooking
Serves 4 as a snack
- 3 zucchini, cut into julienne, or coarsely grated
- 15g each coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley, dill and mint
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100g Greek feta, coarsely crumbled
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- To make the dipping sauce, stir all the ingredients in a bowl to combine, season to taste, cover and refrigerate for flavours to develop while you make the fritters.
- To make the fritters, combine the zucchini, herbs, spring onion, grated lemon and feta in a bowl and season generously to taste.
- Stir in the eggs, flour and baking powder, ensure it is seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat about 3cm olive oil in a deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat and check the temperature by adding a little spoonful of fritter mixture. If the mixture bubbles and rises to the surface, the oil is ready.
- Carefully add rough tablespoonsful of mixture in batches to the oil and fry, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels, Season to taste and serve hot with yoghurt dipping sauce.
- Squeeze over lemon wedges to taste.